Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Parents Do Know Best



I had an epiphany lately!  I am acknowledging that parents really do know best!  When you are young and green you believe that you know it all and “parents just don’t understand”.  We don’t realize that our parents have been through something similar or worse! 

Well, now that I am the parent.  I am beginning to see my children repeating some of the dumb mistakes I made when I ran around believing that I knew it all!  You know what I am talking about; the talking back (well, try to), the thinking that someone else’s parents are better or cooler than yours, when they go to sleep we can get up and be up all night; I ask to use the car to go one place but end up somewhere else.  This list can go on and on, but you get the point.

I would have never known I would be saying that my parents were right!  I know I have heard on several occasions, “you will see when you have kids of your own,” and I’ll be darn, if I’m not making that same statement to my children.  Therefore, I find myself wanting to call my mom and tell her that she was right!  

Have you ever found yourself wanting to call your parents and say, “Mom/Dad you were right”?  If you did, share with me. I would like to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment