Monday, June 25, 2012

Dating My Television


With some new and old television shows on air, I have found myself being attracted to my television, lately.  I rush home to cook (depending on the mood) work out, then I am either on the sofa or in my comfy bed lusting after my new lover.  Everyday “he” draws me in by displaying shows that makes me happy.  It all starts with;

Sundays

My Lover starts my week off with True Blood, Empire Girls, Drop Dead Diva and Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Empire Girls is my newly added reality show.  It is about Adrienne Bailon from the Cheetah Girls and her best friend Julissa Bermudez from 106th & Park.  This show doesn’t seem like it is scripted at all unlike the Kardashians’ show.  In return, it reminds me of how my friends and I get down, very relatable.  It airs on the Style network.  Check out the details: http://www.mystyle.com/tv-shows/empire-girls/ 

Next, Drop Dead Diva is about a beautiful diva that dropped dead and came back to life as a voluptuous attorney that is hard core.  Oh trust me she is divatized.  It is a humors show you will definitely add to your Sundays. Check it out: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/drop-dead-diva



Then on to Keeping Up With The Kardashians. This is the most popular reality show on television and yes I tune into the foolery. It is about the popular Kim Kardashian family.  I think sometimes it is scripted but still entertaining.  I don’t need to tell you anything else about this show because I know you are watching.

Lastly is True Blood.  I can’t get enough of the blood sucking vampires that are trying to be civil with humans in a little town called Bon Ton, Louisiana (no such place).  If you don’t have HBO, you need to get on the bandwagon!  See for yourself: http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/index.html






Mondays

He draws me in by airing Single Ladies and Tia & TameraSingle Ladies is a comedic drama about three best friends with different viewpoints on relationships on VHI. Hint: Very nice looking gentlemen make special appearances.  Of course this show is right up my alley! Check out more about this show: http://www.vh1.com/shows/single_ladies/season_1/series.jhtml

On the other hand, Tia & Tamera is a reality show about the twin girls you may remember from Sister, Sister.  Well now they are all grown up, married and having/expecting kids. This is a very cute show and it will make you cry at times. Check them out: http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/tiaandtamera/index.jsp


Tuesdays

My “Lover” graces me with Necessary Roughness and Rizzoli & Isles. Necessary Roughness is about an out of control football player that has an exceptional psychotherapist who tries to help him with his issues. If you aren’t watching this one, you are missing out. Nice looking men and great storylines. Get more: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/necessaryroughness/

Then he captures my attention with Rizzoli & Isles.  It is about two ladies with one being a no nonsense detective and the other is witty medical examiner that work together to solve crimes.  The show is not your average detective show where you can guess the criminals! Learn more at: http://www.tntdrama.com/series/rizzoliandisles/


Wednesdays

My handsome television conjures up a sweet treat for me, which is DallasDallas is the new generation of the old Dallas that we (some of us) grew up watching.  Yes, the show still has the backstabbing and mischief as before. The only difference is that you have no idea who to trust because everyone has a hidden agenda. Check it out and don’t forget to play the “Rise to Power” game: http://www.tntdrama.com/series/dallas/


Thursdays

On this day, my lover brings me explosion; Burn NoticeBurn Notice is a phenomenal show, you will love it.  It is about a burned spy, with a happy trigger happy ex-girlfriend, a best bud that keeps tabs on him for the CIA as well as a ready for anything mom.  It is the new version of Magnum P.I. Check it out: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/



Fridays

My lover lets me two time it with two of the hottest cops; sexy men Michael Ealy and Warren Kole in Common Law.   This show is about two L.A. detectives who are in couple’s therapy because they cannot get along. They have different policing styles and their personalities clash. However, they make a great team as partners to solve the cases.  Learn more about the show: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/commonlaw/


I know I have been telling you to get off of your sofa and date, but my television has presented me with shows that are demanding way too much of my attention!  Let me know what shows are arresting your attention or which ones I should let my lover in on.  

4 comments:

  1. You need to watch "Suits" also on the USA Network. I sure you will like it. It's a funny, smart, drama filled show.

    ~The Yea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Yea, I will have to watch this one. My brother was telling me about it as well. I will let you know what I think. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I find time to date my tv also especially with some of the shows you've mentioned...I love Drop Dead Diva, Common Law and True Blood!

    I agree with another commenter to watch Suits. I think you'll like it too. :-)

    ~Kesha
    @uncommonchick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kesha, I am totally attracted to my lover..So I will let you know about Suits. Thanks!!

      Delete