Monday, January 7, 2013

My 2013 Goals/Challenges; “New Year’s Resolution”



Everyone starts off the New Year with promises that they try to keep.  I like everyone else, make “false” promises that I will work out, eat healthier, save money and my ultimate favorite is try to stop cursing.  Haven’t we all wrote and heard the same song?  By the time I am settled into the New Year, which could be about three weeks, all my resolutions go flying out of the window.  I fall back into my routine like I had never promised myself I would do these things. 

Therefore, this year 2013, I would like to do something a bit different.  Instead of putting myself on punishment, I want to challenge myself with achieving realistic goals.  Set some goals/challenges that are going to enhance myself as a person, friend, sibling, daughter and parent.

So, after some considerable amount of thought, I came up with my 2013 New Year’s Resolutions.  Here it goes:
  • I will work on getting a better handle on my personal goals. Accomplish them one at a time.
  • Work on my patience with everything and everyone!  This will be my most challenging one! 
  • Make time to reach out to family members. 
  • Try to be more optimistic.
  • Listen more
  • Forgive without punishing
I am sure I will have some hiccups along the way of getting them done, but I am gung ho about my 2013 challenges.  Share some of your goals/challenges for this New Year with me. 


2 comments: