Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Friend’s Escapades: Lusting After the Boss



Jessica has been hinting around with how she has eyes on a guy.  After having a few drinks the other night, she filled me in on who that guy was.  She has been having eyes on her boss. Internally, I was processed what she told me like this; Her BOSS? What the Hell? 

I was speechless. Of course I began to ask the questions.  Does he know you like him?  Do he even know you exist?  She went on to tell me that she has been having a high school crush on him since the first time she saw him.  She said that her eyes lightens up when they are around each other.  She went in detail about it (yes I got her permission to share):

“I have never had a crush on a boss or any authority figure for that matter and I don’t know how to deal with it.  He's extremely attractive and whenever he talks to me, my face lights up like a Christmas tree.  I can’t look at him in the eye because I have this weird ‘girlish’ grin on my face.  I’ve noticed he has a hard time looking me in the eye as well. He often times just smile at me.  When he does that I lose all my “female” instincts.  He's very nice and talks to me at least once a day to see how I'm doing.  Sometimes I feel his eyes on me and other times it feels like he ignores me. I know I am probably reading too much into it but whenever he's around I feel intoxicated and don’t know how to deal with it.  He has kissed me on the chick and I damn near passed out.  Now, I feel like he somehow knows all this because my face gives it away. I haven't acted on anything and plus, I am too scared to even approach him with an idea of acting on it."  
I told her that I knew she is too afraid to make a move. If he makes an advance, she wouldn’t know what to do. However, I did find it quite cute that even as we get older we still can tap into our “girlish” ways. 

She would have never told me about this if hadn't been toasting to a long week.  So, this made me starting thinking.  How many of us actually would admit to crushing on someone we work with or for?   Can you relate to Jess’ situation?  Give me your thoughts or experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment