Thursday, October 27, 2016

Parenting: The Middle Child Complex


For some time now, I have been dealing with the middle child complex.  I didn’t want to realize that he was attributing to some of the behaviors that are associated with the Middle Child Syndrome.  As a parent, you want to believe that you have done a great job not to show favoritism when you have more than one child.  However, I believe I missed my own memo somewhere. 

Being that he has an older brother that excelled in sports, he doesn’t want anything to do with sports.  I really believe if he could change schools he would play a sport because he has mentioned that he don’t want to live in the shadow of his brother. 

Another reason I think he is struggling is because at a young age his parents got a divorce.  I should have put him in counseling but the kids were going back and forth to each parent's home.  We made certain that they knew we were still strong parts of their lives and that we will come together when they need us.

So, outside looking into my Sweetie Pie, I see that he is comparing himself to everyone.  He doesn’t have a low self-esteem problem, but he is very hard on himself.  I am glad we got passed the “I’m not smart” part.  He is exceptionally smart.


If you have a middle child, what are some of the things you are dealing with?  

7 comments:

  1. I have to similar problems as you with my middle child. But again I so enjoy your blogs . Keep up the good work and the interesting blog topics. I really love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must ensure that the program installed on your computer works with the mobile phone. A lot of the cell phone tracking applications make use of Maps to see the specific location of a phone. cell phone tracker reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless of the motives, attempting to alienate a child from a parent using hostile aggressive parenting or parental alienation tactics is psychological child abuse.New Baby Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Baby Gate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parenting is the most difficult and most important job we ever do. Unfortunately, despite the degree of difficulty and importance of the work, no one teaches us how to do it.baby bibs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At that point there are the tips that originate from the good natured individual, yet frequently seem to be a greater amount of a request then a tip. Activity books for kids ages 4-8

    ReplyDelete