Thursday, August 16, 2012

Love Lost: Saying Farewell


A few days ago, I said farewell to a close friend.  He had been there for me when no one else was able to.  He has helped me in ways that I can't even explain to you.  I will never have the chance to return the favor.  He was my Superman, Friend and Confidant all in one.  When he was around, I felt safe and secure. 

The farewell came because I messed up; yes I am admitting that I messed things up.  I thought I needed more from him. When in actuality he was giving me everything I was looking for in others and on the dating sites.  All he wanted to do was make me happy, I missed that boat big time.  I did not realize that at the time.  I understand now why I pushed him away. It is because; I just didn’t know what I wanted.  To be honest, I was afraid to give my heart away, to only get it back smashed, crushed or even broken.


The old saying “you don’t miss the person until they are gone” is so very true.  I dearly miss him.  I have come to realize that indeed, I love him!  Wow, I am actually admitting this!  I realized a little too late that, I have had these feelings the entire time.  Heck, I was crazy about him when we first met; can’t believe I am admitting this too!  He has no clue I feel this way because I didn’t share my feelings with him. So, now he and I aren’t even communicating like before. He has stepped back and I have accepted all the blame!

Friends, I will suggest to you, beware of the potential relationship signs you receive.  Your guy or girl could be in your life right at this moment.  Don’t be like myself and ignore all of the signs that I had my Mr. Jeigh!  Therefore, I will continue “Living the Single Life”! 

No comments:

Post a Comment